If you’re looking for a low cost fishfinder then the Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer may be for you. In this Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer review I’ll go over some of it’s finer points and also point our some of it’s flaws. Although this is not a perfect device we think it can really make an impact on your fishing. I’ll go over some of the pros and cons of using this popular fishfinder on your next fishing trip.
Keep in mind that this is just a review. If you try to find the cheapest price online for the Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer then you can Click On This Link to take advantage of great 12% discount on this fishfinder today…
Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer Review
The Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer fishfinder is a powerful freshwater fishing sonar that features a 640-680 pixel VGA 5-inch display screen which offers detailed picture of the construction, fish returns and bottom outlines. In this Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer review I wanted to mention also how easy it is to read the display even for those with ‘no-so-perfect’ vision such as myself.
This model has very bright screen with 256 colors to boast and it is fitted with a special HD-ID target tracking technology and 500 watts (RMS) power. Its dual-beam transducer offers a maximum 120-degree viewing perspective, so you can see as deep as 1,900 feet.
The Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer fishfinder also boasts of its Smooth Sailing™ Technology, which basically gives you the ability to rewind sonar history to ensure you got everything covered. In addition, it is a breeze to install thanks to its quick-release tilt mount and transom-mount transducer which is the most accepted and simplest to install for high-speed operations.
Once purchasing the Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer Fishfinder, you also get the following items in the box: documentation, power cable, transducer with mounting joist, quick-release mount with tilt and swivel, trolling motor clamp, and hardware.
Other Technical Details
Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 6 x 5.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds
Average Score: 4.4/5
Percentage Of Positive Reviews: 90%
What Other Users Say About The Garmin Echo 550c Fishfinder?
great fish finder
works great nice and clear and I like the color screen Garmin puts out very good products I would recommend this to my fishing friends.
The Garmin 551dv is even better than I expected. Clear and easy to see. I love it and it is in my price range.
Very Nice Unit
I have always liked Garmin products and have owned a couple of hand held GPS units. They are solidly made and have lasted for years…
The Pros & Cons Of The Garmin Echo 550c Fishfinder
- Installation of this device is easy and fast, but setting it up is even faster.
- This fish finder works really great even on fishing areas with irregular bottom.
- It is so simple to use that it almost does everything at a push of a button.
- It has very nice graphics and has large amounts of pixels, so you can track the bottom more efficiently.
- It has a good screen size and the screen itself allows fishermen to read it clearly even in the sun.
- The instructions that come with it could use more details.
- The transducer cable is only 20 feet long, which is too short for the needs of some consumers.
- It would be nice if they add GPS, so consumers don’t have to buy a separate water speed sensor.
The Bottom Line
Most consumers agree that the Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer Fishfinder is one of the best models available in the low-end fish finder category. It’s not a portable fishfinder however. Sure, it costs a bit more money than some of its competitors, but overall it gives you what you paid for and more.
The Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer is not a perfect device but we can easily say that it really helps a lot in giving detailed and accurate information, so you can make correct decisions to catch the fishes you want. We also like that this device is truly user-friendly, easy to install and set-up, and provides a good screen size and video quality.
The Bottom line: The Garmin Echo 551dv Worldwide with Transducer Fish finder is a great product to consider at the $500 price range, especially if you are looking for an easy to use and simple fishfinder.
- Includes: echo 551dv, 4-pin all-in-one 77/200 kHz HD-ID / DownVu transducer with transom mount and trolling motor mount, tilt/swivel quick-release mount, Power cable, documentation
- Color Display
- Display Resolution 480 x 640(VGA)