If you’re ready to start an adventure in kayaking be sure to check out the Sun Dolphin Bali 10 Sit on Kayak. It’s a tough kayak made from rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex® high density polyethylene and comes in a variety of colors. This kayak is great for recreational use and can make an awesome first kayak for someone. In this Sun Dolphin Bali 10 Sit on Kayak review I’ll go over some of the features that make this kayak great and also give you some of the disadvantages of owning and using this kayak.
Sun Dolphin Bali 10 Sit on Kayak Review
Although this is more of a beginners kayak it can still perform as well as some of the higher priced models. While this kayak is made for lakes and rivers it is very durable while maintaining an easy to carry weight of just 44 pounds without any gear added. The kayak can hold up to 250 pounds so even larger individuals can ride this kayak safely in lakes and rivers. I’ll go over some of the key features and benefits to help you make a decision if this kayak is for you or not below.
Sun Dolphin Bali SS Sit on Top Kayak Key Features
- Lightweight and easy to carry weighing only 44 pounds for 10 foot model
- Maximum stability even when riding deep in water
- Open cockpit allows for easy entry and exit
- Adjustable foot braces to accommodate taller and shorter individuals
- Large storage compartment perfect for dry bag with cord rigging
- Paddle holders on board
- P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) can be used as a tow behind or extra storage compartment
- Padded seat that is adjustable
- Carrying handles that are retractable
- Larger weight limits than most kayaks even on 10 foot model
Frequent Questions About This Kayak
Does this kayak have rod holders for fishing?
Unfortunately, this kayak does not have rod holders. There are several modifications that other owners have used to place rod holders but it is an add-on product.
Is this kayak a self bailing kayak?
Yes, there are 4 scupper holes that drain the kayak. There are two holes in the seat bottom as well as two holes at the foot area.
Can it accommodate tall people?
Yes, users as much as 6’4″ have said this kayak is a good fit for them. The foot pedals are adjustable to fit larger and smaller persons.
What is the weight capacity of this kayak?
The model shown is 250 pounds
Can this kayak be used in the ocean?
The Sun Dolphin Bali 10 Sit On kayak is not recommended for ocean use. Only rivers and lakes.
Does it have carry handles attached to the kayak?
It has a handle attached at the front and rear of the kayak but none on the sides.
How much room is there from the seat back to the forward most setting on the foot braces?
The distance is 34 inches
Bottom Line on this Sun Dolphin Kayak
If you’re looking for a stable kayak that handles well in lakes and rivers this is certainly a great kayak. It’s light enough that one person can handle it and move it about (it’s easier with two persons). It also can accommodate someone who is taller and heavier. The storage compartment on the front of the kayak is a great place to store a dry bag or small cooler for beverages or fishing gear. The price of this kayak is great even for beginners while it’s features make it a great purchase even for experienced kayakers.
- Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
- P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) can be used as extra storage
- Dry storage compartment with shock cord deck rigging
- Open cockpit allows the easiest of entry