All fishing lovers are always looking forward to their next fishing expedition. These are the moments when they enjoy life the most – the bright sun, beautiful nature, and the lake full of fish ready to be caught. If you are one of the people who love fishing, then you know that feeling better than anyone.
A fishing adventure wouldn’t be complete without all your equipment, though. How can one expect to return with a good amount of fish without having everything he needs to use during his expedition? This is where you need a fishing tackle backpack.
However, you may be wondering why you need a fishing tackle bag instead of a normal backpack. Well, fishing tackle backpacks are much stronger and offer more space to store your equipment. If you want to get one yourself yet don’t know what to choose, here’s a buying guide and some product reviews to help you out.
To take a quick look at some amazing products, here are our top 3 choices when it comes to these amazing backpacks.
Top Fishing Tackle Backpack Reviews
#1. OSAGE RIVER Fishing Backpack – Best Breathability
- Features contoured adjustable shoulder straps with highly breathable padding and mesh for maximum comfort; complemented...
- Equipped with a hip belt to shift the weight of the backpack to provide you with a lower center of gravity, essential...
- Provides fishing rod storage with the side loops; slide the rod through the loops with the line guide facing outwards...
There’s nothing like having a breathable backpack, especially when you go fishing and you have lots of stuff to carry to your favorite spot. OSAGE RIVER certainly did the right thing in this regard: this is a fishing rod bag that allows your skin to breathe and prevents overheating. The shoulder straps have breathable padding and mesh to make sure you enjoy the maximum comfort at all times.
However, that’s not all there is to it. This bag offers rod storage with side loops. All you have to do is slide the rod through the loops, while the line guide faces outwards. It’s easy to then tighten the 4 compression straps, and they will stay in place as well.
Furthermore, the backpack has a hip belt, which helps provide a lower center of gravity. As a result, you will never lose your balance when you walk over slippery rocks or anything slippery for that matter.
- Has multiple storage compartments
- It is great for storing your rod
- The hip belt that gives more balance
- It comes in multiple colors
- The shoulder straps are breathable and easily adjustable
- There is poor back/padding support for people who are 6’ tall or taller.
#2. Piscifun Fishing Tackle Backpack with 4 Trays – Best for Storage Space
- EXQUISITE 86 SEWING PROCEDURES - The Piscifun NEW Giant Tackle bag is made from superior high quality water-resistant...
- ELEVEN to EIGHTEEN - The whole fishing tackle backpack is divided into 11 independent rooms by high quality SBS zippers,...
- ADJUSTABLE MAIN COMPARTMENT - There is a removable clapboard in the main bag. You will get a super large L(12.6’’) *...
If you’re in look of a very spacious backpack for your fishing expeditions, say no more – Piscifun has you covered in this regard. The product has 11 independent rooms, each with high-quality SBS zippers. Not to mention that it has a unique component design that created 18 separated small areas overall. This offers a lot of storage space and you’ll never worry that you will not be able to fit certain accessories.
A feature that makes it outshine other such backpacks is the fact that there have been 86 sewing procedures used to improve the item. The pack is made from superior-high-quality water-resistant 1200D high-density nylon fabrics, making it extremely durable and preventing water from ruining what’s inside.
The main compartment is adjustable, as there is a removable clapboard in it. If you collapse it, you will get a lot of room. It’s also amazing to see the shoulder straps of the backpack, which are padded and breathable. In order to keep you safe at night, reflective strips have been added as well.
- Strong KAM buckle and SBS zippers
- Padded and breathable shoulder straps
- Adjustable main compartment
- Multiple pockets for storage
- Strong construction
- It may be a little heavy
#3. KastKing Fishing Tackle Backpack – Best Saltwater Resistance and Rod Storage
- Rod & Tool Storage – Keep your hands free, double rod pockets offer a secure method to transport your rod or combo....
- Tough and Water Resistant – The KastKing Day Tripper Tackle Bag is made from tough 420D rip-stop nylon material for...
- Efficient Tackle Organization – The Day Tripper helps you to stay organized. Fill up to (4) 3600 utility boxes (not...
What’s important when purchasing a fishing tackle bag is getting something that’s strong and resistant. For example, KastKing brings you this amazing pack model, which is made from tough 420D rip-stop nylon material. As such, you’ll have a long-lasting experience with it and will not have to consider buying another backpack anytime soon. On top of that, you can use it as a waterproof fishing backpack, because there is a hydrophobic coating on it that keeps moisture away, as well as a PVC layer on the inside for additional protection.
It’s very impressive to see the storage capacity of the backpack, though. There is enough storage for the rod and tools. Basically, all you have to do is place the end of the rod or the second section of a 2-piece rod into the pocket. Afterward, you can secure it with the adjustable bungee loops. D-rings are added too, so line cutters or tools could be attached as well.
- It lets you organize your belongings properly thanks to the various compartments
- Easy to store your tools and rod
- It prevents water from entering the backpack
- Durable construction
- Adjustable chest strap
- Zippers are not the best and may break after a while
#4. Wild River Nomad by CLC Custom LeatherCraft Tackle Tek Nomad XP Lighted Backpack with USB Charging System – Best for USB Phone Charging
- TRAY STORAGE INCLUDED: Storage compartment for up to 4 medium #3600 and 2 small #3500 trays (2-3600 trays included)...
- LIGHTED TOOL BACKPACK: The 3 level LED light system installed in this charging tool backpack allows for fishing from...
- CHARGING TOOL BACKPACK: 5000mAh rechargeable USB power supply, included, extends the battery life of personal...
While you’re out fishing, one of the things that could happen is seeing that your phone drained the whole battery and is almost turning off. You don’t have power source access as you do at home, but this backpack will let you charge your phone with no issues. It has a 5000mAh rechargeable USB power supply included. As such, you can extend the life of your phone, tablet, or other such electronics. Add that to the fact that it also gives you four power adapter tips, for Apple 30-pin, Apple Lightning, USB mini, and USB micro.
What’s great is that even if you’re fishing until the sun goes down, you will still be able to keep fishing for a while, because the backpack comes with a 3-level LED light system. You can fish without any worry from dusk till dawn.
Additionally, you have tray storage. The storage compartment can fit as much as 4 medium #3600 and 2 small #3500 trays.
- It comes with four power adapter tips and USB cable
- 5000mAh rechargeable USB power supply included
- 3-level LED light system
- Tray storage available
- It has multiple storage options
- It has a protective rain cover
- The shoulder straps are not the most durable
#5. Wild River Nomad by CLC Custom LeatherCraft 604 Tackle Tek Nomad LED Lighted Camo Backpack – Best for Its Waterproof Features
- Integrated LED light system allows for fishing from dusk to dawn
- Protective rain cover can be quickly deployed to keep your bag contents safe
- Permanently mounted molded sunglass holder helps keep your glasses safe
Safety and space are not missing when it comes to this backpack. This product comes with a rain cover, which is very useful in moments when rain takes you by surprise and you want to protect the interior. What’s cool is that you can quickly deploy the cover in order to prevent any drop of water from infiltrating inside the backpack.
An integrated LED system has been added to make it possible for you to fish longer, even from dusk till dawn, so you can catch more fish. As for glasses, there is a permanently mounted molded sunglass holder so your glasses can stay safe at all times.
In addition, you get a front pocket cover that folds down, so you can have a handy surface to work on. The shoulder straps don’t cause any discomfort – in fact, they are more comfortable than you imagine, and that is thanks to the padding. There is also an added sternum strap, for even more comfort.
- LED light system for fishing from dusk till dawn
- Padded shoulder straps for comfort
- It comes with a rain cover
- It has a lot of storage options, as there are many internal and external pockets
- The light may not turn off
Fishing Tackle Backpacks Buying Guide
Although you were just presented with a list of high-quality backpacks, this is in no way complete. To be more specific, you still don’t know what are the most important features to look for in such a product, which is why we are going to continue by presenting these features. As such, whether you need a fishing pole bag or fishing reel bag, you will be able to find the product that meets your requirements. Let’s see what a high-quality fishing tackle backpack should have.
Considering you’ll be carrying your bag around a lot, you cannot exactly overlook the comfort aspect. Every backpack has straps so you can carry it with ease, but straps are not always the most comfortable parts. In fact, if they aren’t made properly, they tend to get uncomfortable and annoying.
As such, you have to look for a backpack that has padded straps. Many times, when carrying something heavier, the weight will drag you down, and the straps could irritate your skin. So, look for something padded and with an ergonomic design, that will not cause any discomfort.
If possible, look for something that has mesh on the back too, to ensure breathability.
If you’re a pro at fishing, then you’re aware that you need the right equipment if you want your adventure to be a successful one and catch as much fish as possible. So, that means bringing the best equipment is key, which is why you need a big enough backpack to store everything.
When choosing a fishing tackle backpack, you have to look for one that has multiple compartments, preferably designed in the bag, and not removable dividers. Also, you should have a big enough main compartment and lots of little pockets.
Fishing tackle backpacks are meant to hold various fishing tools, which is why they must be able to carry everything without tearing apart. If you don’t want to be on your way back to the store for a new backpack anytime soon, it’s essential to look at how durable the bag is.
The first thing to look at is the material. Make sure the backpack was made from a strong material, like polyester, canvas, or heavy-duty nylon. It’s essential that the backpack can withstand the weight of everything you put inside it.
In addition, you need to look at the seams. Sometimes, seams will burst when there’s too much weight applied, which is why you should make sure the stitching and seams are double style and tough enough.
As for zippers and rings, they should be made of stainless steel or heavy-duty plastic.
There are different types of fishing tackle backpacks. For instance, you have sling backs, which go around your chest and back. They are smaller and suitable for shorter fishing trips. Conversely, there are waist packs and chest packs, which are even smaller. They will only carry the essentials. A surf fishing bag would also work in a similar way, as it’s quite small.
Lastly, you have the traditional backpacks, which you carry on your front or back. These are the largest and will fit most of your gear.
Since you’ll be fishing, you’ll be around water a lot, and as a result, your backpack might be exposed to water damage. You want to avoid that as much as possible, and that can be done by picking a backpack that is resistant to water.
There are water-resistant packs that keep out most of the water that may come in contact with it. They’re not waterproof but will keep most things dry at all times.
Then, you have waterproof bags, which are a better choice when you carry electronics with you. They’re also great if you often find yourself fishing in rainy conditions.
The Bottom Line
Finding the best fishing tackle backpack requires a little bit of effort, but with some guidance, it shouldn’t be that difficult. We hope that the information we offered will come in handy at some point, and you will have the ability to choose the best backpack model for your fishing adventures.
Also see: Best Kayak Fish Finders