It’s not easy to please a gamer with an ordinary system and an unstable internet speed. To get the rock-solid performance from the system, and to experience the best gaming session, install the best gaming modem to meet your requirements. An ordinary modem can’t deliver promising performance to a user that should avoid broken links and speed dropping.
It’s essential to buy the best gaming modem for QoS and get over the challenge. A gaming modem is one of the vital devices to buy for boosting the system’s performance. A lost connection will not make your gaming session difficult but damage the system as well.
You must be thinking, how am I supposed to find the best gaming modem? As a beginner, it will be a whole daunting process for you to find the best gaming modem for a soothing experience, but here we are with a complete guide. We have mentioned some of the best gaming modems in the market to make your gaming sessions outstanding with an ultimate buying guide. These modems can offer internet stability and high-end network signals. Until the end of this article, you will be able to choose the right gaming modem by going through the pros and cons of each product.
First Glance: Our Top 3 Picks For Best Gaming Modems
We have listed some of the best gaming modems that may deliver you everything from one place without compromising quality and speed.
#1 NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 1AZNAS (Top Choice)
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum...
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental...
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless...
When talking about ultra-high-speed modems with perfect security, we can’t miss mentioning.Netgear Cable modem CM1000 1AZNAS. Netgear is a premium brand that delivers universal compatibility and high-end performance to a user. If you are searching for something outstanding within a limited budget, then this device got you covered. It has all the features from basic to advance with no WiFi limits.
It is appropriate for delivering extreme speed rates to work with any WiFi device. Netgear CM1000 1AZNAS convey speed up to 1Gbps for ultra-reliable connection. It supports 4K HD streaming without interruptions. It’s easy to install anywhere and provides faster firmware updates to make the device outstanding in performance.
It has a trendy design to make installation quick and supports modern technology DOCSIS 3.1. This device downloads heavy files in a few minutes and helps in saving monthly rental. The data transfer rate of CM100 is 300Mbps to support ultimate multi-player gaming and for highly-efficient performance. The device has a Broadcom BCM3390 chipset with 128Mb of flash memory and 256Mb RAM. It has backed up with a 1-year warranty with 16 upstream and 4-downstream channels. CM1000 supports any game if it’s modern or conventional; a gamer will love the soothing experience.
- Supports DOCSIS 3.1 technology
- High-speed internet with 1Gbps speed.
- Compatible with all operating systems.
- Worth your investment for uninterrupted gaming.
- The channels may require improvement.
#2 Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem (For Ultra-fast Speed)
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for...
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and...
- Flexible Compatibility - Pair with any Wi-Fi router you’d like, including Whole Home Wi-Fi or Mesh routers like eero,...
Modems are responsible for establishing quick communication between the PC and the internet by enabling fast streaming and file transfers. Modems that are for gaming are robust as compared to the standard ones. Motorola MB8600 is the best gaming modem you are looking for ultimate speed to do the best gaming with your squad. It has built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 to make heavy file transfer and streaming promising without interruptions.
From home Home WiFi to Google internet, it has outstanding compatibility with almost any device with an Ethernet port. To save energy bills and for maximum speed, it’s offering Full-band capture digital tuning. The vertical casing prevents over-heating, even if using for a whole day and, it’s space-efficient. Motorola MB8600 modem is offering Proactive network security as advance protection against internet attacks. The reason behind the stable connection is the collective power of 32 downstream and 8-upstream channels.
This modem is capable of conveying 1000+Mbps of speed for downloading and quick video streaming. It saves about $168 rental fee per year by providing exceptional performance to a user. It is backed by two years warranty and working with Com/cast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne to deliver ultimate service.
- Capable of delivering 1Gbps of download speed.
- Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 system.
- Full-band capture digital tuning for energy saving.
- Built-in Proactive network security.
- It’s more on the expensive side.
#3 TP-Link TC7650 DOCSIS 3.0 (24×8) High-Speed Cable Modem (For Maximum Range)
- Eliminate Rental Fee: Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee - Up to $120 per year
- Cable Modem Only: You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- Lightning Fast Speed: Channel bonding of up to 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels; Best for watching 4K movies and...
When discussing the networking brands, then TP-Link is a famous and well-trusted brand. TP-Link TC7650 is a robust high-speed modem with five LED connection indicators and a side panel. The dual-core processor of the TP-Link TC7650 modem makes the connection highly stable. For outstanding gaming, video streaming, and heavy download, it offers a maximum speed of 1Gbps and is approved from XFINITY from Comcast, Cox, Spectrum, etc.
TC7650 has built-in DOCSIS 3.0 to convey a smooth network and for interruptions elimination in file sharing. It has 24 outstanding downstream channels and eight fastest upstream channels. From browsing on social media to playing games on a server, you will love the soothing service of this modem. It is capable of handling multiple devices at a time without dropping signals and the flow of data. It also offers high internet plans to a user of up to 500Mbps. TP-Link TC7650 is offering universal compatibility of the router to allow the user to connect it anywhere.
The setup of the device is straightforward to deal with if installing it for the first time. You will have a lifetime of support from the company and won’t regret investing in this masterpiece.
- Built-in DOCSIS 3.0 for uninterrupted connection.
- Working from XFINITY from Comcast, Cox, Spectrum, and more.
- The maximum speed of 1Gbps.
- Dual-core processor for a stable connection.
- It should have few buttons to operate in emergencies.
#4 ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- Power your home network with the SB6190 to deliver fast speeds and a reliable connection to the Internet. The SURFboard...
- Get internet speeds up to 1.4 Gbps for downloads and 262 Mbps for uploads based on your cable ISP subscription.
- Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or router for fast downloads.
If you are hunting for one of the fastest and smart gaming modems in the market, then Arris SB6190 can serve you. If you are tired of the slow internet speed and broken links between gaming sessions, SB6190 will solve all the connection problems. It’s compatible with all types of operating systems with 32 down streaming and eight up streaming channels. It offers a download speed of around 1.4Gbps to support heavy gaming without timeout notifications. The best gaming modem works on DOCSIS 3.0 version for a high-speed connection and quick file sharing.
SB6190 also shows compatibility with all the major service providers such as Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and more. The device has come up with a manager app allowing to switch settings of the modem anytime from a phone. It saves monthly rental modem fees by offering all the secure and advanced features from one platform. SB6190 has one Gigabit Ethernet port with lightning broadband speed to run various applications simultaneously. The trendy design of the device will give a modern look to your place. It is offering a 2-years warranty.
- Built-in DOCSIS 3.0 system.
- Manager app to change settings anytime through the phone.
- 32 down streams, and 8 upstream channels.
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port for quick connectivity.
- The design of this gaming modem is a bit of space consuming.
#5 NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo C7000
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to 168 dollars/year in...
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to...
From versatility to stability, Netgear C7000 is an incredible product loaded with essential features for uninterrupted gaming. The super WiFi coverage with rugged security will make this your favorite one. Netgear C7000 modem + router helps in saving loads of rental fees and delivers 400Mbps of efficient speed. It has DOCSIS 3.0 system to make file sharing and streaming way too easier. The best thing about this product is, you can connect up to 30 devices without affecting performance a bit.
It is certified by the major cable providers include Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, and COX. The device has 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, and 24×8 channel bonding. Built-in parental control supports monitoring and keeping kids safe online from threats. C7000 is offering safety protocols like WEP and WPA/WPA2 to protect browsing history from getting leaked. This best gaming modem supports all the massive operating systems, and you can always have uninterrupted gaming sessions with impressive speed.
- Safety protocols include WEP, WPA/WPA2
- Built-in parental control.
- Built-in DOCSIS 3.0 for quick data transfer rate.
- 24X8 channel bonding.
- It may not have advanced features as compared to others.
Hundreds of modems from several brands are available in the market to choose from. The following guide will help you in finding the appropriate product for an outstanding gaming experience.
Due to the slowest speed transfer and low strength, your system may stutter in the middle of a gaming session and eventually stop. The modem is responsible for assisting your system while gaming and video streaming to make the experience smooth. It supports traffic control and provides the necessary speed to the application.
DOCSIS stands for “Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification”. DOCSIS standard helps in determining the speed and transfer rate of the modem. DOCSIS 3.0 and 3.1 is the standard system that ensures connectivity to various devices.
Key Factors To Consider Before Buying the Best Gaming Modem
Upload and Download Speeds
While buying a best gaming modem, you need to consider upload and download speed. Modem installation aims to eliminate interruptions in internet connection and for browsing at a stable pace. Upload and download speeds are of great importance when you are a social media person.
The more channels a modem will offer, the higher the speed rate will be. When you are buying a gaming modem, ensure that it’s offering superior channel bonding. A modem with 16×4 bonding can deliver faster data as compared to the 8×4 bonding. It makes data flow promising by avoiding traffic and maintains the connection.
Certified modems are the only products that you should invest in. At the time of buying, ensure that your best gaming modem is ISP approved to work without malfunctioning. ISP compatibility is one of the most important and crucial factors to consider to prevent any error while browsing and keeping internet activities secure from online threats.
The best gaming modem should be high in security to block online threats and for blocking malicious content. Keep a security factor in mind when shopping for the gaming router. The router must offer anti-virus protection to a user for fixing security bugs occasionally and securing ISP.
Reliability and durability are the main features that we all look for in a modem, and what company is offering if the product is defective? The majority of the gaming modems have a 1-year warranty, some of the high-quality gaming modems have a 2-years warranty. It’s advisable to choose the one with positive reviews and long-term validity. The warranty of the product said a lot about the modem’s value and longevity.
In recent decades the concept of gaming has changed, today we move into the digital world with a character. Modern problems require modern solutions, and that’s why modems are your savior. To involve in a gaming mission, you need a stable internet connection for communicating with other team members, and the modem is offering you one. To have the perfect internet connection all the time, you need the best gaming modem that can convey long-gaming hours without dropping the strength.
The above-listed products are some of the best gaming modems for you to choose from with a buying guide. Choose the modem wisely and invest in the right product to save yourself from replacement problems. From setting up the modem for the first time to maintaining connection speed, the right product will assist you in every task.