Do you know why many gamers use gaming routers instead of normal routers? Well, the answer to this question is simple – i.e. a gamer uses a gaming router can prioritize traffic to the gaming consoles, for example, Xbox one.
The best gaming router for Xbox one significantly reduces lagging during your game sessions online. The router will work best even if any other device in your home streams or downloads.
How to buy the best gaming router for Xbox One?
When you look for a gaming router for Xbox one, it is important that you check for the version of Wi-Fi that it supports. Most often, experts prefer gaming routers that come with Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 6. Both of them provide the fastest speeds.
While you look for a gaming router for your Xbox one console, you may find some router models that come with Wi-Fi 4. Such routers are of high-quality and look pretty attractive since they are very affordable. However, I must tell you that Wi-Fi 4 is an old version of Wi-Fi and thus this outdated standard does not provide high speeds compared to its modern renditions.
Another important factor or aspect you need to consider is the “dual-band.” It is because when you buy a router that comes with a single band, the device will only support the 2.4 GHz band.
Although this band works well when it comes to web browsing and downloading certain files, a gaming router for Xbox one with dual-band feature actually adds a second channel (5.0 GHz), which provides faster speeds. Similarly, if you want an extraordinary gaming experience, you can opt to buy a router that comes with a Tri-band feature.
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000...
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest...
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices...
Asus AC3100 offers up to twenty-five percent more bandwidth as compared to other routers from the same company. I tested the router myself and I found that Asus AC3100 5 GHz band delivered good throughput. I also tested the device on a 2.4 GHz band.
As a result, I found that it was fastest among all other gaming routers I had at home by a wide margin. Asus AC3100 is capable of prioritizing devices and types of traffic. It has a well-designed and slick software and application for both PC and smartphone. The easy-to-use software and app make it an ideal gaming router for Xbox one.
2.Linksys WRT AC3200
- Fast wireless router provides Wi-Fi coverage for your home (works with existing modem)
- Open source firmware offers advanced customization; Certified operating systems: MacOS (10.X or higher), Windows 7,...
- Tri stream 160 technology doubles bandwidth from 80 MHz to 160 MHz
The Linksys AC3200 is a gaming router that comes with a dual-band feature. You can use the open-source firmware, which comes specifically with the device – making it a unique feature for power users.
After testing the device, I wanted to include it in the top-pick category, but later on, when I tested the Netgear gaming router for Xbox one, I found that it was faster than Linksys AC3200. Anyway, the speed of AC3200 is still good enough to download large files quickly. The software of this device works well on both desktop and smartphone.
3.Portal Mesh Wi-Fi Router
- ZeroWait ZWDFS technology for lag-free gaming and streaming
- Dual-band ultra-fast speed (AC2400 Wave-2)
- Improved signal, reception and mesh network coverage
The extension of range or the amount of beamforming won’t give you complete Wi-Fi coverage if you have a massive gaming pad.
I had the same issue at my home because I had a large gaming pad. So, I looked for an alternative and after buying and reviewing a few routers, I finally found the Portal Mesh Wi-Fi router, which comes with 2 portal units that allow users to create a network spanning 6,000 sqft.
Besides creating a rock-solid network, this router also offers incredible speeds of 1.73 Gbps over the 5 GHz band. You can likewise use the smartphone app to set up and monitor the speeds in real-time.
4.Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization.Power...
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate...
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB...
The Asus ROG Rapture has next-generation wireless technology, which allows users to control and manage everything related to online gaming. At maximum, the router offers data transfer at 11 Gbps speeds over a tri-band frequency.
The Asus ROG Rapture is designed specifically for gaming and you can use one band to Xbox one gaming entirely in order to avoid any interferences from other devices that are connected to the router.
5.Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz...
- Amp up your Wi-Fi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service, bypassing network congestion and...
Netgear Nighthawk router is designed specifically for gaming – for instance, Xbox one. I have never seen a well-designed software interface other than this device – easy-to-use and reliable. Primarily, the purpose of this router is to reduce connections to servers that are far away – when you use a matchmaking service in Xbox one game like Battlefield and Call of Duty.
The router is one of the fastest devices I have tested. Thus, I categorize it as one of the ideal routers for Xbox one when it comes to multi-user and multiple input/output features as well as quality of service (QoS).
6.TP-Link AC4000 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- 4K video, streaming, gaming is no problem for the A20 with incredible AC4000 tri band speeds
- Top of the line 1.8 GHz 64 Bit processing to smoothly process multiple requests and accelerate loading Times
The TP-Link AC4000 is a tri-band gaming router through which you can achieve speeds of up to 4.0 Gbps on a fast internet connection. It has a quad-core CPU, which manages the high speed of data transfer via the internet setup. Other important features of the router I like is multi-user and multi-input/output, built-in range booster, and its compatibility with Xbox one console.
7.D-Link Exo AC2600
- AC2600 Dual band router: Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz plus 1733 Mbps in 5 gigahertz) to...
- Stream, game, and more: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 4 high...
- Dual Core Processor: The dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless internet network speeds
The D-Link Exo is an affordable router that offers plenty of speed and the best thing about this router is its dual-band, which allows you to get 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz. However, you may also see the speeds of 1.73 Gbps on 5 GHz channel.
Despite this being the most affordable Xbox one router, it still offers other vital features such as advanced beamforming, intelligent quality of service (QoS), and multi-user/multi-input-out (MU-MIMO) support.
8.Netgear Nighthawk X6S (R8000P)
- Maximum Range : 3500 Sq Ft
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 3500 square feet wireless coverage with AC4000 speed (Tri-band up to 750 + 1625 + 1625...
- Recommended for up to 55 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home...
Netgear R8000P is an easy-to-use, fast, and reliable router. I love its flip-out antennas, sleek design, and of course, its excellent performance.
When it comes to the features of this device, I like the DLNA support that it offers as well as the port aggregation when I want to deploy the router in a SOHO setup. In addition, I also love how easy one can set up multi-users/multi-input-output adapters or devices.
Moreover, the company has designed this router specifically for larger houses, which have many devices. However, you need to know that this device works well for those who can saturate dual-band connections.
Multiple Xbox one consoles used for online gaming at your home require the fastest router. It will solve the issue of slow Wi-Fi – allowing you to enjoy each and every game you play online on your Xbox one console. Many people struggle to find the best gaming router and they face a number of issues such as slow Wi-Fi, the router not compatible to work with multiple Xbox one devices, getting booted from games constantly, etc.
You want a router, which is affordable but still of high quality, right? Well, there are many router products available on the market for Xbox one. However, not all of them work well with multiple Xbox one consoles. This is probably the number one issue a user faces when he or she tries to connect the router with multiple Xbox one devices. So, when it comes to both reliability and balanced performance, I personally like D-Link Exo AC2600.
On the other hand, if you want to an extraordinary gaming experience without any lagging, faster browsing, and downloading of files – and if you would have wanted me to share my opinion with you, then, by all means, I would have chosen any of the Netgear gaming routers for Xbox one. Anyway, I have given you enough information based on research and personal experience and it’s now up to you to choose the one that best fits your needs. Good Luck!
- Best WiFi Router for Gaming
- Best Gaming Router for Ps4
- Best Wireless Routers for Large House
- Best Cheap Wireless Routers Under $50
- Best Router For Charter Spectrum