Wireless technology is one of those iconic inventions that you could not imagine living without. The best wireless routers ensure connections to your network that are reliable and robust. When you are on a budget, however, it can be difficult to find an appropriate router without spending a fortune. Separating the better quality devices from the duds can be a difficult task.
Luckily, we have been able to find several wireless routers that are more than sufficient for under $50. Comparing features, price, design, coverage and speed, we have come up with a list of the best wireless routers for under $50.
Okay, here we go!
Here are 3 models we pick out from the options that you can compare based on the features, budget and performance.
Top 8 Best Cheap WIFI Routers For 2023
1.) ASUS RT-N12 N300 WIFI ROUTER
- Multiple 3 in 1 Router/Access Point /Range Extender wireless modes
- 4 SSIDs help manage bandwidth allocation and access control
- Powerful Online Multi tasking, throughput up to 300Mbps
- Multiple 3-in-1 Router/Access Point /Range Extender wireless modes
- Two detachable antennas offer a better and wider range of coverage
- Easy to manage and control access and use with 4 SSIDs
- Network connections will run at low speeds, which may not be ideal for everyone’s needs
- Consumers have complained that this router can be difficult to set up
First on our list is the Asus RT-N12 Wi-Fi router. With a purchase price of around $30, this router contains MIMO technology. This allows the device to use multiple antennas to optimize data transfers and ensure a wider range of coverage. Also included is two additional antennas that are detachable and can be used to extend your Wi-Fi signal even further. Four SSIDs are featured that contain high-powered bandwidth management allowing you to keep close tabs on who is accessing your network. This router has an advertised speed of 300Mbps, which may be able to be enhanced by the added antennas and MIMO technology. With a stylish design, this router will blend in with the rest of your electronics with even being noticed.
2.) TENDA AC1200(AC6) WIRELESS ROUTER
- Dual-Band 2.4Ghz plus 5 Ghz: Get Lightning Quick Connections For All Your Wireless Devices By Upgrading To Tenda'S...
- Powerful Belt Capacity: Link Up To 20 Wireless Devices Like Google Assistant, Alexa And Various Streaming Devices,...
- Antennas Maximum Signal Coverage: The Tenda Ac6 Is Equipped With Four Powerful 5Dbi Antennas, Delivering High Speed...
- Purchase includes a 3 Year Warranty from the manufacturer
- Includes Wi-Fi Schedule function allows you to turn the Wi-Fi connection on or off to conserve energy
- High power amplifiers enable better and a broader range of coverage
- The speeds are still a bit slow and may hinder some connections or devices’ activities
- Some consumers have reported that this router tends to drop the signal regularly and requires rebooting often
Next, we have the Tenda AC1200 wireless router. This is a dual band router with speed up to 1200 Mbps ([email protected]. 4GHz [email protected]). You have the ability to link up to 20 different devices as well as 4 secured wired connections using the LAN ports. A total of four 5dBi antennas along with its built-in signal amplifiers will provide extended and uninterrupted coverage throughout your home. This amazing router can be purchased for a bargain price of around $35.
3.) LINKSYS N300(E1200) WIRELESS ROUTER
- Enjoy the benefits of Wireless-N300 (802.11n) in your home ideal for surfing the web, emailing and printing wirelessly
- Connect your computers, wireless printers, smartphones, and other wireless devices at up to 300 Mbps transfer speed
- Enjoy broad wireless coverage provided by MIMO antenna technology
- Protection is definitely the name of the game with firewall, password-protected access, and parental controls
- Easily connect televisions or gaming consoles directly to the wireless router for simple and fast streaming
- MIMO technology will provide maximum coverage
- Consumers have commented that the web interface is a bit cumbersome
- There is a limit to the amount of domain names that can be blocked per device
This wireless router(Linksys N300) from Linksys can be bought for around $30. It is easy to set up and features MIMO antenna technology, providing extensively broad wireless coverage. Offering speeds that go up to 300 Mbps and four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to enable wired connections, this router is sure to accommodate all of your wireless internet needs. Linksys has provided a way to keep your personal data private by including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection with this device. The protection does not stop there, as this router also provides a password-protected internet access on a separate network. Finally, this device also enables Cisco Connect’s Parental Controls so that you can block certain websites and/or place restrictions on accessing the internet during certain hours of the day or night.
4.) TP-LINK N300 WIRELESS WI-FI ROUTER
- Pocket sized Wireless N router Travels effortlessly
- Quickly create a secure Wi Fi hotspot to Share with family and friends; External Power Supply 5V/1A
- 300 Mbps Wi Fi speed on 2.4G hertz band for lag Free video streaming and online gaming
- This router can easily be set up in under 10 minutes
- Several buyers have remarked at how reliable the signal is for this router
- Consumers have found that this router is a great device to use as an extender to accommodate larger spaces
- This router is ideal for smaller apartment spaces and may not work sufficiently for larger spaces
- Consumers have realized that this router is unable to support several devices at one time
The TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router packs a big punch for smaller spaces. Capable of providing speeds up to 300 Mbps, this router provides four LAN parts and one WAN port for wired connections. Two 5dBi antennas increase the stability and range of this router while featuring a parental control function to keep an eye of children and other users. Additionally, this device provides that ability for you to create a separate guest network with a private and unique password so that you can share Wi-Fi with guests worry free. All of this for under $20. Read Review »
5.) TP-Link Archer A6 (AC1200) WiFi Router Review
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz ; 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering...
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired...
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- Two-year warranty support for free
- Provides excellent speeds that allow 4K HD video streaming on multiple devices
- Ability to access connected devices even when you are not home using the free
- TP-Link DDNS service
- Some users have noticed that the 2.4 band intermittently and randomly stops working
- Others had unfavorable experiences with the manufacturer’s customer service team
In at number five on our list is the TP-Link AC1200 wireless router. For the top of your budget, this device provides you with dual bands, working on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands and providing speeds up to 1200 Mbps. It has four fast internet ports as well as a USB port allowing just about anything to be connected directly to the router easily and reliably. A sleek design and small footprint will blend in with your décor without being obtrusive. Easy set up, parental control capabilities and … Read Review »
6.) TENDA N301/N300 WIRELESS WI-FI ROUTER
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps ideal for streaming, online gaming, VoIP, and web browsing
- Two 5dBi antennas greatly increase the wireless range and stability
- Wireless access, bandwidth and parental controls. Compatibility - Any ISP Modem system that provide a network connection...
- Purchase comes with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer
- Buyers are quite happy with the easy, hassle-free set up of this router
- Uses tend to be pleased at how stylish this unit is
- Consumers are worried about the durability of this device
- This router’s speed may decrease if you connect several devices to it at one time
The Tenda N301 N300 router can be purchased for under $20. It produces speeds up to 300 Mbps; sufficient for streaming videos, surfing the web and gaming. Boasting two 5dBi antennas increase stability of this signal while enhancing its speed. Four fast Ethernet ports allow you the ability to connect any device you want with this router. It’s compatibility with WPS security protocols provides ample protection.
It has a stylish and lightweight design with a white finish, sure to coordinate with your home décor.
7.) NETGEAR N300(WNR2020v2) WI-FI ROUTER
- N300 Wi-Fi speed for faster downloads & Internet gaming
- 5dBi antennas for improved Wi-Fi coverage. NOTE: This product comes with an ethernet cable.
- Manage your home network with NETGEAR genie
- Push-N-Connect technology allows you to add devices with just the push of a button
- This router is quite compact, and may be able to be used as a travel router
- People have noticed that this router uses less power to run and does not heat up as much as other routers tend to do
- Many consumers have experienced speeds slower than what is expressed by the manufacturer
- Others have commented that this router will on support 1-2 devices being hooked up to it at one time
In at number 7 on our list is the Netgear N300. This wireless router is a high power wireless router for under $30. It includes 5dBi antennas which allow it to provide for extended coverage throughout your home while maintaining speeds up to 300 Mbps. This device delivers the reliability that many have come to expect from the Netgear brand. Also included are innovative additional features such as ability to connect devices with the push of a button and managing your network access and users with NETGEAR genie. Your guests have the ability to connect to this router through a separate connection, preventing them from having access to your home’s actual internet connection.
8.) HOOTOO FILEHUB WIRELESS TRAVEL ROUTER
No products found.
- The power bank has a very good capacity considering its size
- Consumes are very pleased with how quickly and efficiently the USB charger system works
- This router’s convenience and portability have customers raving
- This device is not a hotspot and will not support VPN connections
- This includes a USB cable, but it is very short
Finally, we have the HooToo Filehub, a travel wireless router that can accompany you anywhere you go. This device is portable and can connect any of your devices to it. Use with the TripMate App in order to quickly and easily transfer or backup files and free up space on your tablet, phone or laptop. Enables you to instantly convert a wired network to wireless network while providing added ability to extend Wi-Fi as well. Also boasting USB ports that enable you to charge your devices using its built-in battery pack. Wired connections can also be obtained using a WAN/Ethernet port. An added bonus is the ability to downloaded the new firmware from the manufacturer’s website to a thumb drive. This step will allow for consistent speeds while several devices are connected without slowing or dropping connections.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing A Router
In our research, we have noticed that there are a few key things that should be considered when choosing the best cheap routers that is appropriate for your specific needs. Here is a list of those items, as well as why we believe it is important to take them into consideration.
Just because you have a tight budget does not mean that you should have to compromise on the speed of your router. While the product that you choose may not present the highest speeds available, it should still accommodate a decent maximum potential speed. Take notice of the standards that are supported by the unit in question to weed out any routers that are out of date. It should be notated on the packaging of the device the current fastest standards’ “AC” (the faster option) and “N” (not quite as fast but still able to deliver a decent amount of bandwidth.
Speed is inconsequential if you are unable to connect your devices to your router from the other side of the house. Look for the range of the unit you are contemplating. The best budget-friendly routers will sport “MIMO” technology. This technology will enhance the coverage of the router, adding extra range boost.
Although it may not be on the top of the list for many people, design could be a deciding factor on your final decision regarding your purchase. For optimal performance, routers should be kept in an open area. This will allow its signal to be picked up easier and throughout more areas of your home. And because it will be seen by guests and family every day, the overall design of your router should be a consideration when making your final purchase.
The best wireless routers do not have to cost a fortune, particularly if you live in a smaller space. And shopping for the best cheap routers does not have to be a taxing task. With a budget of $50 set, you can still find a well made, easy to use router with plenty of speed and quality features to keep you going.
The best bang for your buck on our list is the RT-N12 N300 wireless router from Asus. With connection speeds up to 300 Mbps and a larger coverage area, this device is sure to accommodate your needs as well as all of the needs of your guests. The Asus router provides monitoring capabilities so that you can be sure you are receiving the best protection. You are definitely getting a bargain with the purchase of the Asus N300 router.
- Best Wireless Routers for Large House
- Best Cheap Wireless Routers Under $50
- Best Router For Charter Spectrum
- Best WiFi Router for Gaming
- Here’s My Honest Advice about Buying a Router
- How Important Is My Wireless Router to My Internet Speed?
- Is it safe to buy used routers?
- How to Increase Bandwidth With Two or More Routers
- How to know when it’s time to replace your router
- How does a router affect Internet speed?
- How fast is 300 Mbps internet?