If you don’t want to spend too much for your car audio needs but still want an awesome car stereo system, try looking into an under-seat subwoofer.
The best part about these guys is they don’t require an amplifier.
Well they come with one built in right into them. Unlike your typical 6 x 9 car speakers.
The under-seat subwoofer is really a nifty invention that most don’t even know about. Like a diy bass guitar kit.
Well now you know about both.
Here are our best picks for the best under seat subwoofer.
Rockville SS8P 400w 8″ Slim Under-Seat Active
- Rockville SS8P 8" 400w Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub.
- Enclosure is made out of cast aluminum which stays cool at all times.
- Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts. RMS Power Handling: 100 Watts. Heavy Duty Mounting Feet.
- PWM MOSFET Power Supply. Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology.
Just under 3″ thick and that’s why this little wonder will just slide under your car.
With around 400 watts of power right under your seat, you will have a nice ride no matter where you go.
Just make sure you pay attention more to the road than your new music system. A lot of people like this so much they added another one of these under a different seat.
If you happen to be one of them well don’t feel bad. It seems like the thing to do anyways.
BOSS Audio Systems BAB10 Under Seat Subwoofer
- BUILT-IN AMPLIFIER: A built-in 1200 Max watt amplifier powers the subwoofer
- PULSE WIDTH MODULATED: This design controls the output voltage and current precisely by not only removing the output current sensing loss, but also eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry. It...
- VARIABLE LOW-PASS FILTER: A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the filter's frequency setting. You will use the Low-pass filter to primarily keep high notes...
- HIGH LEVEL INPUTS: Speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. It will be used to connect the BAB10 to your factory radio or an aftermarket radio that does not have low-level...
This black beauty is by Boss. One of our favorite sound brands of all time. This under-seat subwoofer packs 1200 watts of power. Mostly thanks to the built-in amplifier. It even comes with its own low pass (Sub bass) setting.
Now if it’s not a serious call for some strong body bass vibes that we don’t know what is. It’s about 14 inches wide which makes it an ideal size as well. Just make sure you get it installed by a professional so you can enjoy this under seat woofer thoroughly.
Pioneer TS-WX130DA Under Seat Subwoofer
- 8" x 5.25" woofer 160W max, 50W nominal Aluminum cone
- Urethane surround
- Built-in Class D amp
- Digital Bass Control tailors frequency response & increases performance with selectable Deep or Dynamic listening modes
Pioneer and car audio go hand in hand like white on rice. A phenomenal brand that has done just as much for musical instruments as it has for car audio. Needless to stay, this one doesn’t disappoint either. Well . . . for most at least.
It is reported that this under seat subwoofer by Pioneer creates some awesome bass. There is a downside though, make sure you install it properly (Get a professional to do it) or it seems the sound is fairly loud. Not a real problem but over time, it could be quite annoying.
BassPro SL Under Seat Subwoofer
- 8" JBL BassPro SL Powered Under-Seat Compact Subwoofer Enclosure | Power Output: Peak: 250 Watts | RMS: 125 Watts | Efficient Class D Amplifier | Proprietary, shallow-profile woofer
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators | Soft start turn-on | Speaker-level (high-level) inputs with Audio Sense Auto-on | Gold-plated Power, Ground and Remote screw-down connections | 3-way...
- Wired Bass Remote Controller Ready, Compatible with GTO-RBC (sold separately) | Input sensitivity: Low level: 200mV - 2V | High level: 2V - 20V | Frequency Response: 35 - 120 Hz
- Variable low-pass filter: 50 - 120 Hz, 12 dB/octave | Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +9 dB bass boost at 70 Hz | Selectable Phase Switch: 0° - 180° | Maximum Current Draw: 12A
Although we recommend you always get a professional to install your under-seat subwoofer, some people have installed this bad boy themselves in just 3 hours. Just like any sub, if you install it properly, you’ll get the right sound out of it. Location matters as well. Overall, most people seem to be satisfied with it. Especially Wrangler owners.
Kenwood use to be our favorite brand but after their buzz kind of died down, we forgot about it as well.
However, they were still pretty active in the market and looks like they are making somewhat of a come back with this under seat subwoofer. If you can install it, most report this Kenwood KSC SW11 subwoofer as one of their best purchases. Now that’s saying a lot.
Rockford-Fosgate-P300 Under Seat Subwoofer
- The Punch 300-8P is a universal "all in one" self-contained subwoofer enclosure with built-in amplifier for dropping Bass in any factory or aftermarket system
- The 8" high output subwoofer is impedance optimized for the built in 300-watt class-D amplifier in a slim design enclosure - Dimensions: 11.4" x 17.6" x 5.6"
- Featuring an adjustable 12db/Octave low pass crossover, on board adjustable bass boost EQ, and on board phase switch
- The enclosure can be connected via speaker level inputs for connection to factory systems, or traditional line level inputs for aftermarket systems
If you don’t know Rockford Fosgate, well you don’t know much about car audio. Although an American company, every true car audio lover knows this brand.
Not because they have such a cool name, but because they’ve been making quality products for quite some time. Especially when there are car audio competitions and stuff.
As far as the bass goes, this little under seat subwoofer delivers for most. Just don’t turn it up too much. Great sound and some are shocked by how much sound you can actually get from an 8″ sub.
Thanks, Rockford Fosgate for not disappointing again. We love this brand.
Sound Strom LOPRO 10 Under Seat Subwoofer
- Built-in amplifier: with a MOSFET power supply you get improved switching speeds, better performance with less power from the driver, lower gate-to-drain feedback capacitance, lower thermal impedance...
- VARIABLE LOW-PASS FILTER: A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the filter's frequency setting. You will use the Low-pass filter to primarily keep high notes out...
- High level inputs: speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. It will be used to connect the LOPRO10 to your factory radio or an aftermarket radio that does not have low-level...
- Low level inputs: line level inputs, also known as RCA inputs or low-level inputs, use RCA interconnect cables to link the LOPRO10 with the source unit. Most aftermarket radios have multiple pairs of...
We don’t know much about this brand but the people seem to love it. At least that what seems to be the consensus of the majority. They have two under seat subwoofer models right now with one at 10″ and another one at 8″.
Some people have managed to even install this under seat woofer on their own but if you don’t have the chops, we don’t recommend it.
The reliability factor though is on a 50 / 50 side as some people have been using it for several years without any issues and for others, it lasted just about a year.
Perhaps something to consider before taking action on this?
BLAUPUNKT GTHS 131 Under Seat Subwoofer
- Built-in MOSFET 200 W max. monaural amplifier
- Built-in variable Crossover (50-150Hz).
- Low Pass Filter for DVD 5. 1
- Compact Hideaway Size (2. 5" Tall)
Man what a killer brand this is. Blaunpunkt is like the fighter jet of car audio equipment. Nobody can catch it.
The best part, you’ll be happy to know that a lot of users of the GTHS 131 under seat subwoofer feel the same way about it as well. Most report experiencing amazing “as expected” sound and the best way to describe what this little under seat subwoofer does is it brings your existing sound system alive.
If that’s not a compliment, I don’t know what is.
Another phenomenal brand in this industry that does it again.