We need strong security for everything, from our homes to offices, and now the internet as well. While buying a router, we always look out for the best one that provides strong security and signals for quick browsing without interruptions. A strong and, secure Wi-Fi gives you access to any platform within a few seconds without risking safety or consuming countless minutes. Tri-band helps in connecting your device to the strong network as it broadcast different signals simultaneously.
To have the best gaming experience, video streaming, and other tasks, tri-band Wi-Fi is the only solution. Whether extending the internal signals to multiple floors or optimizing your performance, a tri-band Wi-Fi router provides a solution to all your browsing and internet problems from one platform. After going through extensive research, we have come up with some of the best and powerful tri-band routers that can provide complete coverage and control over browsing.
First Glance: Our Top 3 Picks For Best Secure Routers
We have listed below some of the best tri-band routers you were looking for all over the place to maximize performance.
#1 – Netgear Nighthawk X10 Smart Tri-band Router R9000
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps -...
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1...
While searching for the best tri-band routers, Netgear Nighthawk X10 is the premium choice you can make. To stream within few seconds and to enhance the browsing experience like never before, this tri-band router should be your first choice. From the automatic storage and backup to secure accessing the cloud, this device is capable of providing every solution. It’s the fastest router in the industry you can get hands on to enjoy unlimited content without interruptions. The X10 Netgear nighthawk device provides 802.11AC/ad signal strength to enhance the 4K streaming experience of a user.
To boost the gaming experience and for instant downloads, X10 is the name that should be popped into your mind. It has a 1.7GHz quad-core processor with a quad stream processor to leave a powerful positive impact on your work. This hot product allows more wired devices to connect due to 6 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports. X10 delivers a combined wireless speed of about 7.2Gbps collectively. This device has come up with four patent external antennas to maximize the strength of signals. The device is easy to set up this tri-band router, and due to the Plex media server, it can work exceptionally.
- Four smart boosting patent external antennas.
- 1.7GHz quad-core processor, and quad stream processor.
- Wireless speed of 7.2Gbps.
- Plex media server for quick streaming.
- 10 Gigabit fiber Ethernet ports
- The range needs improvement as the signals may get drop once a day.
#2 – TP-Link AC4000 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A20) – Tri-Band Router
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- 4K video, streaming, gaming is no problem for the A20 with incredible AC4000 tri band speeds
- Top of the line 1.8 GHz 64 Bit processing to smoothly process multiple requests and accelerate loading Times
TP-Link Archer A20 has come up with an unbelievable power to deliver a sensational and fastest browsing experience. TP-Link is a reliable brand that believes in providing exceptional services to a user anywhere in the world to make the internet and browsing experience outstanding. Archer A20 is one of the best tri-band routers that provide support to several applications and devices for running smoothly. From the secure server to easy management, this smart Wi-Fi router has everything you want from a professional platform.
It has built-in antivirus to ensure secure surfing and for blocking online threats before entering into the system. Archer A20 is suitable for a whole family as it provides parental control to make your kids safe online by allowing content filtration and setting time limits. You can always connect the device with Alexa through voice control and establish a safe VPN server from your home. It can deliver an impressive high speed of about 1625Mbps on 5.0GHz while 750Mbps on 2.5GHz. MU-MIMO technology allows users to connect multiple devices from a device without buffering. Advance security and free life-time subscription to TP-link homecare for keeping every device secure.
- Advance built-in anti-virus to block online threats.
- Three co-processors along with 512 MB of RAM.
- MU-MINO technology to allow multiples devices to connect with device simultaneously.
- Parental control to restrict kids from surfing harmful sites as well as timings control.
- Six smart high-performance antennas and four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Range boosts technology to deliver promising strong signals from the bedroom to the basement.
- Along with solid performance, 5GHz performance may get effect sometimes.
#3 – ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band Router
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate...
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB...
To fill your huge space with high-speed Wi-Fi signals, ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-band is the right partner to fix at your place. This is one of the best tri-band routers that should be on your wish list if you look for ways to enhance an internet experience. For the hard-core gamers and programmers, this router is the one to invest in. to deliver ultimate performance to a user GT-AX11000 has a 2.5G gaming port and a 1.8GHz quad-core processor. It has a 256MB flash along with 1GB RAM.
ASUS Ai Protection is always active to serve and protect you from online threats and viruses. It has 4 Ethernet ports to connect, and the data transfer rate is about 11000Mb per second. The device is easy to set up and robust internet security. Due to WTFast, gamers can establish their network with a strong internet connection. The range of the device is about 95ft to provide an equal, and strong connection to every corner of the place.
- Ai Protection and ASUS Ai Mesh compatible to give surfing freedom to a user.
- 11000Mbps of Wi-Fi speed and a total of 4 Ethernet ports.
- 8 smart and strong antennas with a 1.8GHz quad-core.
- Easy to set up and network diagnosis routine to maintain performance.
- Parental control to monitor browsing activity.
- Robust signals, and protection to keep all the devices safe.
- It’s a bit space-consuming and may be expensive for students.
#4 – TRENDnet AC3000 Tri-Band Wireless Router
- HIGH PERFORMANCE AC3000 TRI-BAND WiFi: Three concurrent WiFi bands maximize device networking speeds: two separate high...
- PORTS AND ANTENNA GAIN: 2 x Gigabit WAN ports, 8 x Gigabit LAN ports, 1 x USB 3. 0 port, 1 x Console port. 2. 4 GHz: 2 x...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FEATURES: This wireless router features advanced management, QoS, IEEE 802. 1Q inter-VLAN routing,...
Trendnet AC3000 is an advanced tri-band wireless router that is capable of delivering strong signals to a user. To get a smooth network without interruptions in downloading, it’s one of the best tri-band routers to choose from. From simple applications to heavy ones, nothing is difficult to handle for this router. It protects your business server and all the devices connecting with the router. Trendnet AC3000 bands are pre-encrypted with unique passwords and 2 Gigabit WAN ports. The device has come up with high-speed internet of 1733Mbps.
The device has 6 strong and intelligent detachable antennas with quick installation anywhere at your place. To protect your device and browsing history from getting hack, it’s offering web browser and CLI management. The data transfer rate of this device is about 4000Mb per second, and now a user doesn’t have to wait for hours to catch the network. From the stable performance to automatic updates, the device is capable of maintaining itself without asking for anything from a user.
- 2-gigabit WAN ports and data transfer of 4000MB per second.
- Internet speed of 1733Mbps.
- It balances network traffic without affecting performance.
- Pre-encrypted Wi-Fi signals.
- 6-detachable antennas to deliver strong signals anywhere.
- Quick to install with rack mount kit.
- The range of the device may be an issue for you if you want something robust with no interruptions.
#5 – Linksys EA9500 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Provides up to 3,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 25plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
If you are tired of the slow connectivity and signal strength, then it’s time to upgrade your router to one of the best tri-band routers that can deliver strong signals no matter at what place you are sitting in the home. Linksys EA9500 is a robust and high-performance device to make your browsing fast and secure. EA9500 is a solid performer with an impressive coverage of 3000 square feet. From 4K HD streaming to heavy gaming, this router can make your experience smooth.
Due to MU MIMO technology, you can connect multiple devices to the router. It has eight gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB connections. The data transfer rate of EA9500 is 5.3 GB per second, and it has a 1.4GHz dual-core processor. Through beamforming technology, equal Wi-Fi signals can be provided to the mobile phones connected to the router.
- MU MIMO technology allows the connection of multiple devices.
- 3000-square feet of coverage.
- Beamforming technology to deliver equal strength to devices.
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor with 4K HD streaming.
- Parental control to always monitor kids’ activities.
- Prioritize devices by overcoming bandwidth limitations.
- You may find the footprint large and, it’s expensive as compared to the other devices.
Buying Guide for Tri-Band Routers
Before you make a buying decision, ensure that you have gone through complete buying guidance to prevent any fraud. Many people choose the wrong product and end up staking all their privacy on the internet. We have discussed some of the key factors and features; a user should consider before buying a product.
Q: Is it possible to keep all the devices protected and safe by buying a good router?
A: A weak router is much easier to hack than the best tri-band routers due to the robust security layer. By buying the right router, you can keep your surfing safe and for having solutions. These routers have a protected security firewall to keep hackers and Trojans away from your device.
Key Factors to Consider While Buying
Following are some of the factors you should consider before buying any tri-band router.
To stream video calling, movies, and gaming, a router requires high processing power to make it run smoothly. If you are buying a Wi-Fi device, check whether the router has a single, double or quad-core processor. People who need no interruption in between streaming should always go for a quad-core processor. It can handle more data with higher power and smoothness. Without high-end processing power, it is not possible to browse quickly without hanging problems.
Security is the fundamental concern of every user on the internet and, the router plays an essential role in it. The best tri-band routers have powerful security and a built-in anti-virus program to keep your security up-to-date. All the devices connected through the router will be safe from hacking and online threats. Always choose the kind of routers that are robust in security and have promising features to serve a user.
It’s essential to check the bandwidth of a tri-band router before buying to get the powerful strength and signals. Buy a router with a minimum bandwidth of AC1200 to get smooth signals. It’s advisable to check the features of the router before buying it and ensure that it can fulfill your business or home requirements.
Bands of Router:
Another crucial factor a user should consider while buying a router is to consider the bands. Dual-band and tri-band routers are popular among people comparatively single band. 5GHz is compatible with other devices as well and provide strong coverage to the whole area. 2.5Ghz may go through congestion while you are in some building that is closed from all sides, but 5GHz is faster and suitable for handling all devices smoothly.
Regular and Modern Standard:
If you are buying the best tri-band routers for your workplace or specifically for gaming, then you should always go for the modern standard. Regular standard routers are cheap, but they are not compatible with all the devices and slow in performance. Go for 802.11ac standards to avail of maximum benefits, from gaming to video streaming.
While investing in the router, keep one thing in your mind that it’s a long-term investment that will serve you every day. By focusing on essential factors, you can choose an appropriate and smart router to support every online activity. Picking the best tri-band routers is not an easy task when all your online activities depend on that strength. All the products we mentioned above are hot-selling and strong in security to keep you safe and relax. Browse as much as you want by choosing the right router and enhance your internet experience.