To get an impressive speed and advance features from the router, you need to choose something reliable to handle connectivity issues. Buying the best 802.11n routers will ensure safety, standard, and stable connection to all your devices without going down in the middle of work. There are several routers available in the market based on the same standard, and you can choose any suitable for your needs. The speed of internet connection and range highly depends on the kind of router you are using, so ensure you picked the best one.
Among internet users, 802.11n routers are widely popular due to their outstanding range and compatibility with other devices. We have narrowed down some of the best 802.11n routers to make a buying decision. Let’s get into the complete details of these routers and what features of these devices can make your daily tasks easier.
First Glance: Our Top 3 Picks For Best Secure Routers
Here are some of the best 802.11n routers that are offering all the necessary features to internet users.
#1 – ASUS RT-N66W Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
- 3 x Detachable antenna for 2.4GHz/5GHz with peak gain 3dBi/ 5dBi
- IPv6 support; VPN Server Support
- 802.11n: up to 450Mbps ; 802.11a/g: up to 54Mbps; 802.11b: up to 11Mbps
ASUS is an award-winning brand that has proved its reliability and durability. To get incredible performance and complete control over the internet, the ASUS RT-N66W dual-band wireless router is the right choice. It helps in setting up a quick network and always monitors signal strength to maintain the performance. The best thing about the best 802.11n routers is that they provide robust signal strength to any of the devices without interruptions. It has 3-detachable antennas that are suitable for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz.
ASUS RT-N66W Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router displays connection status through blue LED lights at the front, and the user can always monitor connection strength. It has built-in Wi-Fi amplifiers to deliver signal strength to any corner of the building or home with perfection. The device has come up with two multi-functional built-in USB ports to make networking and sharing simple than ever. The speed of 900Mbps allows a user to run multiple applications and video streaming simultaneously. The data transfer rate of this device is 4.5MB per second that is impressive and quick.
- 3-detachable antennas for providing equal signal strength.
- The available maximum bit rate is 10, 100, 1000Mbps to support Ethernet with 802.3.
- 4 LAN ports and 2 USB ports for sharing.
- Monitor connection display through LED lights.
- You might find USB performance slow, and it’s a bit expensive as well.
#2 – NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (WNDR3400)
- Faster WiFi Speed: N600 Dual Band WiFi delivers 300 + 300Mbps
- Ideal WiFi range for medium to large homes. System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10,Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS,...
- Simultaneous Dual Band: Reduces interferences for better connections to more WiFi devices
It’s a dual-band wireless device with twice bandwidth power compared to other devices. It is considered one of the best 802.11n routers due to its smart appearance and high-end performance. The ready share feature of the Netgear N600 router allows users to access and share anything to an external USB. This device provides customized alerts to a user regarding daily, weekly, and monthly internet traffic. It’s sponsored by OpenDNS to block unsafe and threatening content to keep all devices safe from hacking.
Through this device, you can set up a guest account with restrictions for gaming and video calling.
Through the push n connect button, you can connect several devices to the router with one-touch. It takes minimum time to install the router at your place, and the data transfer rate of this device is about 300Mb per second. It has a total of 5 Ethernet ports and 4 LAN ports as well. You can connect 5-devices simultaneously from a router with a maximum wired speed of 100Mbps. The wireless speed of this router is up to 600Mbps for uninterrupted video streaming, gaming, and browsing.
- Parental control to monitor the live activities of kids.
- Automatic application prioritization to enhance the experience.
- Router blocks all the unsafe and threatening applications online.
- It’s a simultaneous dual-band device with a push and connects button.
- The updates may cause issues sometimes, and it has no Gigabit Ethernet connection.
#3 – Linksys N900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router (EA4500)
- Smart Wi-Fi Apps, Tools & Mobility
- Home Cloud For Media Management
- Parental Controls & Separate Guest Network
To get the best reliable coverage all over the place with equal strength, then Linksys N900 EA4500 is your browsing companion. While searching for the best 802.11n routers, we always look for advanced features and sturdy bandwidth to support devices. This robust router has the potential of delivering wireless speeds of up to 450Mbps with wireless dual-band. You can establish a robust network for gaming, video streaming, or music at your place without external interruptions. The installation is easy, and it also has an installation CD to make it quick.
Without any complications, you can connect several devices to this router for a reliable Wi-Fi signal. It has four Gigabit ports and a USB 2.0 port to make the file sharing process quick. Linksys N900 has come up with WPA/WPA2 encryption to block all the irrelevant and malicious content on the internet. The SPI firewall keeps devices protected from all sorts of threats, and you can stream safely anytime. It has a MIMO antenna array to expand the range and data transfer rate of 900Mb per second. It’s also offering parental control for live monitoring and device prioritization to make apps run smoothly.
- This device is delivering a parental control feature to keep kids safe on the internet.
- Wireless speed is up to 450Mbps to make the gaming and video streaming experience outstanding.
- WPA/WPA2 setup to block online threats from entering into a system.
- Through a smart Wi-Fi app, you can always monitor and adjust the settings.
- 2.4GHz performance is slow, and you may find it a bit difficult to process.
#4 – TP-Link N450 TL-WR940N Router
- Wireless N speed up to 450Mbps, ideal for bandwidth-intensive tasks like HD video streaming, VoIP, and online gaming....
- 802.11n technology, 15x faster with 5x the range of 802. 11g, Three antennas for increased coverage and stability,...
- IP based bandwidth control allows you to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each device, WPS button for...
The trendy appearance and advance functionality of TP-Link N450 TL-WR940N make this device outstanding for home and business use. It’s the kind of device that works for you on customization settings. You can always limit the connections and monitor the live activity of your kids through parental control. By IP-based QoS, a user can monitor traffic and restrict the devices connecting to the same router. If planning to buy the best 802.11n routers, then TP-Link N450 TL-WR940N is the efficient device to choose from. The router has come up with three 5-dBi antennas to deliver a rugged wireless internet connection.
The device has four Ethernet ports to share files, videos, and images quickly. The wireless speed of the device is about 450Mbps and, due to 802.11n technology, it works 15 times faster. This router has IP-based bandwidth for a user to monitor the bandwidth delivered to each device. By pressing the WPS button, you can activate wireless security encryption to ensure every activity is secure from online threats. Live parental control to keep kids safe while browsing, and can restrict the timings as well.
- It makes your streaming 15 times faster as compared to other routers.
- Three antennas to make wireless performance reliable and stable.
- It has parental control to monitor activity and four Ethernet ports.
- The data transfer rate is about 450Mb per second.
- It has no USB ports and comes up with one band only.
#5 – Belkin N600 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router
- Dual band wireless router for video streaming and gaming
- Wireless speeds of up to 300 Mbps (2.4GHz) + 300 Mbps (5GHz)
- Simultaneous dual-band operating on 2.4 and 5 GHz bands
When buying the best 802.11n routers, ensure that the brand is well-known and famous for its durability, like Belkin. The wireless router Belkin N600 provides stable performance to all the devices without dropping signals. This router has come up with multi-beam technology that ensures equal signal strength to all gadgets without affecting performance. For impressive streaming and gaming purpose, Belkin N600 delivers up to 600Mbps. It has dual-band technology to maximize the signal strength all over the place.
When this wireless router is going through crucial problems, it activates the self-healing feature to detect the problem and resolve it. It’s offering a media server by myTwonky to make file and image sharing simpler. By parental control, block all the harmful internet content for your kids and monitor their activities. This device is too easy to set up and supports multiple devices include smart TV, iPhone, and iPad. The data transfer rate of this device is about 300Mb per second. You will love the performance and portability of this router.
- Belkin N600 wireless dual-band router delivers speed up to 600Mbps.
- Multi-beam technology helps in connecting multiple devices to a router with powerful signal strength.
- Parental control to monitor children’s activity online to keep them safe.
- The data transfer rate is 300Mb per second; it is powered by a 2-years warranty.
- It has no Gigabit Ethernet connection, and the range may get slow too.
Buying Guide for 802.11n Routers
While buying the best 802.11n routers, you may need technical guidance to invest in the right product.
Q: Why the best 802.11n routers are essential to buy?
A: 802.11n is the standard of speed and security in the routers. These devices are packed with advanced features to connect multiple devices simultaneously and for robust signal strength. 802.11n routers are compatible with most of the devices and can meet your fast browsing requirement.
Factors to Consider
We have listed some of the salient factors to consider while buying the best 802.11n routers.
Bands are considered as crucial factors to consider, especially when buying a device for the business place. When the traffic increases on the router, it requires more bands to monitor the load. To experience uninterrupted browsing three bands router can manage in the best possible way. It may get expensive but provide promising performance.
Antennas play a crucial role in delivering strong signals all over the place. To get the intense signal from the router, go for the long antennas for maximum strength. These antennas are essential to remove all the black spots and disturbance between the bands.
When you are buying the best 802.11n routers, ensure that it has MU-MIMO technology to enable your router for distributing equal bandwidth to all the devices connecting with the router. It also saves a gadget from keep working through a slow internet connection. Through this technology, you can customize router settings and prioritize the browsing strength.
Kids are vulnerable to online attacks as they don’t have much knowledge about surfing and malicious websites. If you are buying the best 802.11n routers for home purposes, always check the parental control feature. The feature will help you in making kids safe from online threats when playing games or watching videos. You can monitor their activities anytime and also restrict internet timings. A good router will make your duties easier by keeping your family safe from attackers.
The majority of gadgets use wireless connections these days, but physical ports are of great importance to provide a stable wired connection to guest devices. It also helps in reducing the pressure from the network and suitable for extra storage. For desktop computers, Ethernet ports are essential for a stable internet connection. Physical ports are for people who are more towards the technical side.
Fragile routers are vulnerable to attacks, and your personal information is at stake all the time. To encrypt your every move on the internet, choose the router that is strong in security. The best 802.11n routers scan the traffic to detect any malicious content coming your way and block it right away. Some of them are backed by Norton for the exceptional firewall to prevent hackers away.
No matter if you are buying an internet router for the first time or umpteenth times, it’s always a great approach to choose the device with security features and robust signal strength. From the number of bands to advance technology, routers should make browsing simpler and promising. All the products listed above are the best 802.11n routers, capable of delivering high-end performance with a fast processor. 802.11n routers ensure that you have a stable, reliable, and safe internet connection all the time without buffering errors. The best router will fit your every need without creating complications.